Fritz is an award-winning photographer, emerging filmmaker and cinematographer, and a Fellow of the Royal Canadian Geographical Society. Fritz’s eye for beauty, nose for story, field experience and background in ecology and government serve him well on assignments in the circumpolar North. Fritz is known for his high standards: he maintains the best kit and puts in the longest days in his quest for cinematic perfection.
Fritz completed two degrees at University of British Columbia, doing his master’s fieldwork near Kluane National Park in the Yukon. His first career was as a biologist and environmental assessment scientist. For over a decade he worked as a professional photographer. Today Fritz's work mixes stills, motion, time lapse, aerials, scouting and filmmaking for a range of clients and projects.
Teresa is a writer, producer and northern content specialist. She is involved in filmmaking and digital publishing and she manages Fritz Mueller Visuals. She’s written for Canadian Geographic, Explore and Up Here, is a former science and nature newspaper columnist, and is the author of Yukon - A Wilder Place.
Fritz and Teresa collaborate on film and video productions through their production company and they often team up on story assignments. In 2011 their book Yukon - A Wilder Place was published by Greystone Books/D&M. Teresa, Fritz and their two daughters live in Whitehorse, Yukon.
Last year we launched Sagafish Media, a small production company that draws on a network of feisty, talented specialists for projects ranging from documentaries to commercial videos. We strive to tell stories that combine engaging narrative, striking visuals and universal themes that help us learn about ourselves and the world around us. Our backyard is the circumpolar North and we chase stories that explore people’s relationships with landscapes and natural systems.
We're a 4K production company outfitted for motion control time lapse, aerial shoots and digital camera stabilization with a MoVI M10. For over a decade, we've helped organizations bring their stories to life. We have a great deal of experience working with northern governments, First Nations, the tourism industry, the cultural sector, small businesses, non-profits and communities. Please contact us to learn more about how we can help your company or organization create a compelling video with visual impact.
- Professional Photographers of Canada
- National Association of Photoshop Professionals
- Tourism Industry Association of the Yukon
- Screen Production Yukon Association
- Yukon Film Society
We use professional camera equipment including Canon’s 4K 1D C and high ISO 1D X plus a full range of Canon’s best cinema and EF lenses. We have a range of lighting setups. Other equipment includes stabilizers for motion and stills photography, a motion control system for time lapse and a location sound kit.
- Cameras – Canon 1D C, Sony PMW F55
- Lenses – Canon CN-E 24mm T1.5, Canon CN-E 50mm T1.3, Canon CN-E 85mm T1.3, Zeiss Distagon T* 15mm f/2.8 ZE, Canon EF 14mm 1:2.8 L II, Canon EF 16-35mm 1:2.8 L II, Canon EF 24-70mm 1:2.8 L II, Canon EF 70-200mm 1:2.8 L IS II, Canon EF 500mm 1:4 L IS, Canon EF 100mm 1:2.8 IS Macro, Canon MP-E 65mm 1:2.8 1-5x Macro, Canon TS-E 24mm 1:3.5 L II Tilt/Shift, Canon Extender 1.4x III and Canon Extender 2.0x II
- Lighting – Area 48 LED BBS continuous lights x2, Einstein E640 stobe lights x3, Canon Speedlites and small flash modifiers, PocketWizards and a variety of light modifiers, stands and backdrops
- Tripods – Sachtler DV-12BS and FSB-8 fluid heads with carbon fiber Speedlock tripods; Gitzo and Manfrotto tripods, Cinevate Atlas FTL slider, Cinevate high hat
- Stabilizers – Freefly Systems MōVI M10 digital stabilized camera gimbal w RedRock Micro wireless follow focus and Paralinx wireless HD video; Two KenLab KS-8 external gyroscopes
- CamBlock 3-axis motion control system w LensBlock and Dynamic Perception rail
- Sound – Sound Devices 633 mixer/recorder, Sennheiser MKH418S stereo shotgun microphone with Rycote windshield kit, 2x Sennheiser 2000ENG-SK wireless lavalier kits, Sennheiser MKE 2 Gold and Sanken COS-11 microphones, Tascam DR-100 recorder, Rode VideoMic Pro shotgun microphone and K-tek graphite boom pole
- GigaPan Epic Pro for panorama murals, GoPro Hero 4 kit
- Atomos Shogun and SmallHD external monitors, Anton Bauer batteries, Really Right Stuff arca-swiss plates
- Windows 10 and OS X El Capitan, Adobe CC Master Collection